Start with any type of greens (these are a mixed Organic Spring Mix)
- Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- Craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1 cup sugared pecans
- Twisted Juice Dressing
Toss and eat! Yum Yum!
One of our favorite dishes made with Shuptrine’s Twisted Relish is our Spanish rice with Kielbasa. Traditional Spanish Rice is prepared by browning the rice first with onions and garlic, before cooking it in chicken stock and adding tomatoes. The browning is essential to the nutty, toasty flavor of the rice, and the kielbasa. We twist our flavors with Shuptrines Relish to add a kick of sweet and saucy. Cook Time: 35-40 min
- 1-2 links Kielbasa
- 1 T Rosemary leaves
- 2-3 T Shuptrine’s Twisted Relish and some juice.
- 2 T butter
- 2 cups rice
- 3 cups Chicken stock
- 1 large can of stewed tomatoes with oregano.(chop / slice a bit after opening for some bite size pieces)
- 1t tomato paste
- I chopped onion
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1 t oregano Oregano
- 1 T Shuptrine’s Twisted Relish
- Slice your Kielbasa on a slant, and brown in pan. While browning, add your Shuptrine’s Twisted Relish and 1T rosemary leaves. Set aside.
- In pot on stove, or glass container in microwave, heat your chicken stock.
- In frying pan, melt your butter, add your onion. Cook 5-min, then add rice, garlic, . Stir, and let rice get coated with butter and a bit toasty. About 7 min. Slowly pour heated chicken stock over mixture. Add can of tomatoes with juice, tomato paste, and Shuptrines Relish. Stir, and let the mixture come to a boil for about 5 minutes. Turn heat on low, and cook for 20 min or until rice is fluffy.
- Top with Keilbasa mixture. YUM YUM!
(made for 36 to 48 large wings)
DAY ONE-Marinate the wings:
- Bring 4 gallons water and one 12oz. beer to a rolling boil
- Add wings and cook for 3 minutes (if thawed), 6 minutes (if frozen)
- Remove from heat, drain, and allow to cool to room temperature
- Add wings to pot again, and dump 8oz. (half jar) of hot or mild Shuptrine’s Twisted Relish on top
- Refrigerate other half pint of relish for next day
- MARINATE: Toss wings with hands to evenly distribute the relish on all surfaces
- Cover and refrigerate overnight
DAY TWO-Make the sauce and grill the wings:
- In a large bowl, add the remaining half pint of relish
- Add 4 cups ketchup, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tsp. minced garlic, 1 tsp. onion powder, 2T cider vinegar, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. black pepper, 1 tsp. cornstarch
- Combine ingredients thoroughly
- Pour 75% of the sauce over chicken wings, leaving remainder for basting sauce
- Toss wings with sauce and grill normally on medium to low heat, reapplying basting sauce when turning