Shuptrine’s Twisted will be at Crabtree Farms’ Annual Spring Plant Sale & Festival on Saturday, April 11th from 9 am – 4 pm. Stop by and try a sample of our famous chowchow relish great to go on all toppings of sandwiches and healthy wraps!
Shuptrine’s Twisted Products were featured in the Times Free Press Small Business Section!
Shuptrine’s Twisted Products is excited to announce that the grand prize winner of the Shuptrine’s Twisted Products Recipe Competition is Barbara Golder for her delicious Twisted Pierogies!
The competition contestants were charged with creating an original Shuptrine’s Twisted recipe using one of our Shuptrine’s Twisted Products – Twisted Relish or Twisted Marinade. The competition culminated with a cook-off on January 14th at the wonderfully quaint beer market, SturmHaus on Houston Street. Six finalists came prepared with their delicious and creative Twisted recipes. But, there could only be one grand prize winner!
Competition grand prize winner, Barbara Golder, won $250! Runners up were Ben Grizzell and Jeff McBrayer for their Twisted McGrizzells Meat and Beverly Jacks for her Twisted Sausage Balls. Grizzell and McBrayer won a case of the Shuptrine’s Twisted Product of their choice and Jacks received a 3-pack of Shuptrine’s Twisted Products. Cook-off guests were invited to taste the finalists’ recipes, and the suggested SturmHaus beer pairing, to help select the winner.
Shuptrine’s Twisted Products would like to thank everyone for their amazing Twisted recipe submissions. Be sure to visit the recipe section to check out recipes from the competition. We are looking forward to another Twisted competition in Spring/Summer – so stay tuned!
- 2 Cups flour, plus extra for kneading and rolling dough
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup sour cream, plus extra to serve with the pierogi
- ¼ cup butter, softened and cut into small pieces
- Butter and onions for sautéing
- 1 jar hot Twisted relish sautéed in 2 TBSP butter until liquid is reduced, cabbage is cooked and relish is caramelized
- ½ cup mashed potatoes
- 3 chicken tenderloins marinated overnight in Twisted marinade, sautéed and chopped finely, with
- Mix together the first 5 ingredients to make a stiff dough. Turn out on a floured board and roll thin (about the thickness of ravioli) an cut into 3-4 inch rounds.
- Stuff with either chicken or mashed potatoes and reduced relish. Seal edges tightly. Boil for about 8-10 minutes until soft, remove carefully from water.
- Next sauté one finely chopped onion in ¼ cup butter. Add pierogies and brown. Add any leftover chicken to the mix. Serve hot with sour cream and the remainder of the Twisted Relish reduction as condiments.
- 3 to 4 lbs. pork
- 1 jar Twisted relish
- Your favorite pork rub
- Drain Twisted relish. Marinate pork overnight in Twisted relish juice.
- Season one side of pork with rub.
- Flip over, lay flat, spread Twisted relish evenly over pork. Roll pork into a log and tie.
- Cook on low heat in smoker. About 150-175 for a really long time until pork is cooked! This allows the fat to drain off the pork belly roll.
- Serve with German beer and win!
- 1 lb. sausage
- 10 oz. Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese
- 3 cups Bisquick
- 1 jar Shuptrine Twisted Relish
- (Drain, save liquid and chop coarsely)
- You can simmer meat in 1 cup twisted marinade.
- Mix all ingredients together (I use my hands to make it easier)
- Roll into 1” balls and bake on baking sheet in preheated 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Remove from pan and serve with dip (see next instruction).
- Put the Twisted liquid in saucepan and reduce by one-half. Add equal amount Dijon mustard and mix.
- Dip sausage balls into mix if desired.
- 2 packs cream cheese
- 1 package dried beef, chopped OR 1 cup of diced bacon (We use our southern fave, Benton’s Bacon)
- 4-5 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup Shuptrine’s Twisted OUT OF THE JAR
- After all chopping is done; start rolling ingredients together with hands. When adding relish, squish squish, covering all areas. Ok to have some juice of the relish when you are squishing. Roll up into a cheese ball, cover w/ wax paper and stick in fridge for an hour before serving. OR premake it for your party, and serve anytime (the cheese ball will last a LONG time). Then serve it up with your favorite cracker- we love Baked Pita Chips or Brown Rice crackers. Yum Yum
- Soak a whole chicken in one cup or more of Shuptrine’s Twisted Juice.
- Let it soak overnight in a roasting pan, covered.
- Next day, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add a few sprigs of fresh rosemary and pour 1-2 T. of soy sauce over chicken.
- Cover with foil and put in oven for 30 minutes.
- Lower temperature to 350 degrees and cook 30 minutes more (approximately 12-15 minutes per pound total cooking time).
- Remove from roasting pan, let rest for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!
- Deglaze your roasting pan by adding one cup of white wine (we prefer a good Chardonnay).
- Add to a saucepan with a mixture of cornstarch and water to your desired thickness.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary.
- Serve your Twisted Chicken and hear the YUM YUM!
- 8 eggs, boils in water until hard
- Over cold water, break eggs, peel shells off.
- Cut eggs in half, scoop egg out of middle into a bowl.
- Pick out the top 12 halves that are best. Put the leftover eggs in with the egg yolk centers you scooped.
- Cut and chop up.
- Add 1 cup of mayo or favorite salad mayo. (Miracle Whip!)
- 1 t pepper and 1 t salt
- Add 1T-2T of Shuptrine’s Twisted Relish (not too much juice-just relish). Add 1/4 cup bacon bits. Take 10-15 basil leaves, cut/chop.
- Mix all.
- Arrange eggs, scoop on egg mixture. Add more bacon bits on top if you want!
- YUM YUM!