- 2 Cups flour, plus extra for kneading and rolling dough
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup sour cream, plus extra to serve with the pierogi
- ¼ cup butter, softened and cut into small pieces
- Butter and onions for sautéing
- 1 jar hot Twisted relish sautéed in 2 TBSP butter until liquid is reduced, cabbage is cooked and relish is caramelized
- ½ cup mashed potatoes
- 3 chicken tenderloins marinated overnight in Twisted marinade, sautéed and chopped finely, with
- Mix together the first 5 ingredients to make a stiff dough. Turn out on a floured board and roll thin (about the thickness of ravioli) an cut into 3-4 inch rounds.
- Stuff with either chicken or mashed potatoes and reduced relish. Seal edges tightly. Boil for about 8-10 minutes until soft, remove carefully from water.
- Next sauté one finely chopped onion in ¼ cup butter. Add pierogies and brown. Add any leftover chicken to the mix. Serve hot with sour cream and the remainder of the Twisted Relish reduction as condiments.